'Agua Clara' Women's Association
The “Agua Clara” Women’s Association is one of longest-running women’s associations of the Sierra de las Nieves and it began its run in April of 1997. Agua Clara is born as a non-profit-making organisation and with the good intention that all of the women of Istán should be able to take part in training courses, workshops and socio-cultural activities of all types, provided these have a positive effect on their self-esteem and well-being and, by extension, that of the whole town.
- Encourage and promote an enterprising spirit, particularly amongst the female population of Istán.
- Implement occupational and work training for women.
- Eliminate gender inequality.
- Encourage non-sexist education within the social environment of the town of Istán.
- Detect the individual and collective necessities within the female “panocha” population and contribute to their eradication.
President: Teresa Fernández Gutiérrez
Treasurer: Mª Victoria Tineo Merchán
Secretary: Carmen Macías Galeas