The Youth House
With the Youth House a fundamental objective is intended for the village of Istán, which is none other than to supply the town with some basic services for all those young people in the village between the ages of 14 and 35.
By means of a collaboration with the Málaga County Council, a team of Youth Facilitators have begun work and a meeting point has been established for youths with all services within their reach, such as a notice board highlighting topics of interest, workshops, etc. Istán specifically has two youth facilitators who each work a half day to ensure the service is well manned and not limited by lack of availability.
We could say, generally, that the services offered by the Youth House are:
- Rambling and bicycle routes.
- Provide an information point within the Youth House (to inform the youths about the activities taking place in the village, or in other areas, such as courses, workshops, study grants, festivities, events...)
B) Involve the greatest possible number of youths from Istán:
- Workshops from different organisms or associations. To this effect, courses have been held such as “Climate change and the rural and urban environment”, ALIRE Association. Courses to obtain licences: hunting and fishing. Course for the preparation of natural cosmetics, gymkhanas. Workshop on avocado resources.
C) Social conscience actions aimed at the young:
- Via forums and conferences which invoke the social conscience of the youths and thereby their participation in the activities of the village. For these purposes an email address has been set up: email@example.com
Currently the Youth House has extensive facilities for the leisure and enjoyment of the youths, amongst which of note are: Wii console, Television, Video, DVD, Computers, Telephone, Internet, table football, Darts, large Mirror in the activity and workshops room, Music equipment, table games, Fridge, First Aid kit and Extinguisher, Suggestions Box.
- Address: C/ Peñon, 16
- Youth Facilitators: Yasmina Cabrera Ayllón and Mª José Peña Vera
- Telephone: 952 86 99 72
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org